If you’re planning to visit Dubai, don’t miss out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a thrilling adventure. There are lots of activities to enjoy in the desert, but sand skiing in Dubai should be at the top of that list. Break the monotony of the traditional desert safari tours and dare yourself to try this extreme sport.
What to Expect with
Sand Skiing in
No visit to Dubai is complete without a visit to the famed sand dunes. It is the perfect destination for thrill-seekers and those who are into exciting activities. There are many tour companies in Dubai if you want to have a fun yet safe adventure.
The ‘Big Red’ is one of the most famous sections of the Dubai sand dunes. However, this dune also features steep slopes that can be intimidating for beginners. Whether you are new to sand skiing or you have done this before, the best thing you can do is to embrace the adventure. Sand sports are incredibly fun so make the most of this activity while you’re there.
Sand skiing is recommended for beginners. Once you have mastered the techniques, you can try your hand at sandboarding. Either way, you are sure to have the best time exploring the giant waves of the sand dunes.
Sand Skiing Tips for Beginners
As a beginner, you’ll probably have plenty of questions about sand skiing in Dubai. Take note of these tips so you know what to do when you put on your skis and you’re atop the towering sand dunes.
- Make sure you are fully equipped with the right gear. If you are booking a sand skiing tour, most tour companies will provide your gear for you. If not, ensure that you have all the necessary safety equipment.
- Wear UV-resistant goggles or sunglasses. Expect a temporary loss of vision while you’re sand skiing. Snow skiers also experience this. Do not panic when this happens to you.
- Make sure you wear the appropriate clothing. Remember, the heat is intense in the desert. Choose a light and breathable fabric like cotton. Wear something light-colored so you are easy to spot amid the sand dunes.
- Start with smaller dunes at a lower speed. Keep practicing until you have developed proper balance and coordination. You can increase the difficulty once you become more comfortable and develop more confidence with skiing in the sand.
- It is best to travel with a professional for your safety.
Other Can’t-Miss Activities in the Dubai Desert
Sand skiing in Dubai can be loads of fun. However, do not miss out on the picturesque beauty of the desert. The red-hued peaks of the sand dunes offer the best backdrop for photo ops.
Pack your camera and take photos of the sand dunes and the mesmerizing sunset in the desert. Or, you can book a photography tour, such as the flying dress photoshoot. Make sure to take advantage of the stunning desert as your backdrop and capture that once-in-a-lifetime shot. You will cherish these photos as a reminder of the amazing time you’ve spent in the Dubai desert.